Aware in different languages
The goal of the Coordination and Support Action of the 7th Framework Programme AWARE is to promote integration and increase the impact of European research on farm animal welfare (FAW). It is done through the development of Europe-wide networks of scientists, lecturers and students, and by establishing a network of stakeholders active in FAW knowledge transfer and implementation.
AWARE actions are organised in 4 mutually supportive Work Packages (WPs):
- WP 1 “Research” is enhancing the integration of FAW research by fostering collaboration based on mutual recognition and by enhancing networking and proposal writing skills in motivated researchers throughout the enlarged Europe.
- WP 2 “Education” is promoting cross-fertilisation in FAW university education, thus enhancing opportunities for young scientists in new and candidate countries to start research in FAW.
- WP 3 “Awareness and Implementation” is focusing on enhancing public awareness, promoting implementation of EU policies, and facilitating uptake of FAW research.
- WP 4 “Mobility Desk” is facilitating mobility of researchers and students.
Participants of the kick off meeting in Prague, March 22-23 2011
First 3 Work Packages proceed in 4 steps:
- Establishing networks
- Improving skills
- Developing strategies for ongoing integration
Two horizontal activities support the WP’s:
- The Communication module supports internal and external communication;
- Management takes care of project management and effective communication with the Commission.
AWARE will increase the European research capacity in FAW activities, through integrating the underutilized human and knowledge potential in the new and candidate countries.
The project will result in faster and more comprehensive FAW knowledge transfer across Europe.
It will also build for the future by drawing young scientists into FAW research and providing a base for harmonized implementation of FAW legislation in the enlarged EU.